Who am I?

Who am I?


My name is Ollie, and I'm an amateur cook who loves being in the kitchen. I have been cooking for the last few years and my love for food has led me to create many different and delicious dishes. I have decided to start a food blog to try and encourage other's to discover a love for cooking, but also to share my favourite recipes and those I have created myself.

I have been working in a cafe's kitchen on and off for the last few years, building myself up to become as confident in a kitchen as I am currently. My love for cooking first originated when I was younger, constantly asking my parents if I could cook dinner that night and also regularly offering my help, but I found a passion for it when I first began working in a kitchen in 2014. I used to work under the head chef (and owner), who taught me so much and really made me fall in love with the job. Since then, I've studied History at York St. John University, worked in a couple different places whilst I was there and I'm now living back at home, trying to find a way into the hospitality industry in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

Whilst I enjoy cooking easy and quick meals after a day at work, I'm at my happiest when I can spend a whole day in the kitchen. Listening to music whilst creating a feast for everyone. During my 2nd year at University, I took upon the responsibility to cook Christmas Dinner for my 7 housemates (two of which brought their girlfriends). 10 people! I spent the majority of the day in the kitchen, rarely accepting help from others because I had planned the whole day out, with timings of when everything had to be done by and I didn't want anyone to ruin the schedule (selfish I know!). But I just love being in the kitchen by myself and spending the day cooking. It's very satisfying to see your days efforts appreciated by everyone.

Cooking is my passion, and I hope to continue doing it for the next few years at least. My aim is to move back to York and properly train as a chef. I want to learn so much more and improve to try and become even better. 

I'm hoping that this blog can encourage people to start cooking and even provide a basis for future restaurants I apply to to be able to see my work and the recipes and meals that I create. I'll be posting a lot more in the future as I try to make it in this industry.


Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Balsamic Toastie




Comments