Afternoon Tea during Lockdown 2020


Afternoon Tea

Whilst 2020 was filled with many horrible moments for us all, it did bring some happy times for me. I met my current girlfriend in February of last year, and the following month our country was plunged into a national lockdown. Thankfully, my girlfriend's parents agreed to let me live at their house for the duration of the lockdown (we didn't know I would be there for over 5 months...). The sun was constantly shining, and we all had a very nice time spending so many moments we had together. Countless games of Monopoly and Mario Kart were held, films were watched, and we consumed an unhealthy amount of alcohol. But it was sunny so it would have been a shame to not drink. 

Even though most of the days were filled with glorious sunshine, on one of the particularly hot days, my girlfriend's mother decided it would be a nice idea to have an Afternoon Tea outside. Because of the experience my girlfriend and I had from working in a Tea Room, we elected to help and try to make it as lovely as possible. The cakes were all pre-bought from a nearby farmshop, but I made the scones the morning we had the Afternoon Tea. We made and cut all the sandwiches ourself, and my girlfriend's mother had bought some cardboard Afternoon Tea stands and a lovely tablecloth and some napkins to make it Scottish themed (she's Glaswegian). 

                

This was such a special day for us all and it was so nice to do something that we rarely get to do! From working in the Cafe, I've made well over a hundred Afternoon Teas for customers but never had one for myself, so it was felt good to finally make one for myself to enjoy. As I previously said, the last year has been horrible, but doing the simple things each day that you can enjoy has brought so many happy memories from 2020, and some that I'll never forget.

Comments