Sausage, Spinach & Gnocchi

Sausage, Spinach & Gnocchi



I find that this meal is such an easy, midweek meal that takes no effort to rustle up! 

I've made this quite a few times now and I know the recipe like the back of my hand. It's cheap, easy and tastes amazing so you should definitely attempt it! 

Whilst we're in lockdown in England, my girlfriend and I couldn't go out for a meal, so decided to set up a little table with candles and lights and we cooked a 3-course meal. This gnocchi dish was the main. We both loved eating it and the fact that it took me about 15 minutes to make is one thing that I love about it.

Ingredients: (serves 2)

  • 2-3 sausages per person
  • 400g fresh gnocchi
  • 2-4 handfulls fresh spinach
  • 400ml chicken stock
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Any seasonings you like (chilli flakes, thyme, oregano, etc.)
  • Parmesan

Method:

  1. Take the skin off the sausages and break up into little balls. Add oil to a deep frying pan and once hot, add the sausages and any seasonings you want to use. Fry for a few minutes until cooked & the sausages go brown all over. Remove from the pan and put on a side plate.
  2. Put the gnocchi to the same pan and fry in the juices for a minute. Add the stock and mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes until the stock reduces and thickens. Add the spinach and stir, letting the spinach wilt. Turn off the heat and add the sausages back to everything, mixing well.
  3. Serve into bowls and top with grated parmesan.

Comments